Updated & Effective: April 27, 2020
As used in this Policy, the terms listed below have the following meanings:
Customer- A "Customer" is anyone who purchases Five Star Telecom products or services. When a Customer purchases retail products or services for use by others, those individuals also may be considered Customers for purposes of this Policy.
User- A "User" is anyone who visits our websites.
Personal Information - "Personal Information" is information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Examples include name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, Social Security number, and financial account number. Personal Information does not include information you request Five Star Telecom to share with third party directories and directory assistance services or information that is readily available to the public through no fault of Five Star Telecom.
Anonymous Information -"Anonymous Information" means information that does not directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User.
Aggregate Information - "Aggregate Information" means information about groups or categories of Customers or Users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Aggregate Information is a kind of Anonymous Information.
Website- "Website" means any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, lap top, PC, etc.) or protocol (HTTP, WAP, FTP or other) is used to access the page or location. In this Policy, we use the term website or other similar terms such as "Internet site," "site," and "web page.
What Personal Data does Five Star Telecom collect?
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data").
Information. We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you, including contact information, billing information, equipment, performance, Five Star Telecom's website usage, viewing and other technical information about your use of our network, services, products or websites. Information may be collected when you give it to us with the intent to purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide; when we collect it automatically when you visit our websites or use our products and services; or when we obtain it from other sources, such as credit agencies. Our goal of collecting your information is to provide you with the best customer experience possible by communicating with you regarding service updates, offers and promotions; delivering advertising that may be of interest to you; addressing network and security issues; or, investigating or taking action regarding illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies.
Customer Proprietary Network Information Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) is information that Five Star Telecom obtains when providing your telecommunications services to you. CPNI includes the types of telecommunications services you purchased, how you use the services, and the billing information related to those services, including items such as the types of telecommunications services that you have purchased and your calling details. Your telephone number, name and address are not considered CPNI.
We use your CPNI to offer you additional services of the type you already purchase from Five Star Telecom. We also may use your CPNI to offer you products and services, packages, discounts and promotions from Five Star Telecom and its affiliates, such as fax service, analytic tools and other unified communication tools, which may be different from the types of services you already purchase. Five Star Telecom has strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of CPNI and protect it from unauthorized access or improper use. Five Star Telecom does not sell, trade, or otherwise share your CPNI with anyone outside of Five Star Telecom or its affiliated companies or with anyone who is not authorized to represent us to offer our services or to perform functions on our behalf, except as the law may require, or you may authorize. In order to opt-out and restrict access to your CPNI for our own marketing purposes, please contact us within 30 days of service commencement by emailing us at info@5StarTel.com.
If you do not notify us within 30 days of this notification that you wish to restrict our use of your CPNI, we will assume that you approve of our use of CPNI for this purpose.
Why does Five Star Telecom collect Personal Data?
Five Star Telecom, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
How does Five Star Telecom collect Personal Data?
In most cases, Five Star Telecom collects personal data directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Data when you interact with us, such as contacting us through our websites for sales inquiries, requesting information on our company, signing up to receive a report, newsletter or marketing communications, requesting access to one of our online services applications, or requesting technical support. For instance:
- Business contact or End-user related information is collected in association with use of our products and services such as your name, company’s name, business telephone number, business email address, and business title. This Personal Data is not shared with third parties.
- Visitor information is collected through your online interaction with Five Star Telecom through one of two methods:
- You contact us on our websites and you provide your name, company name, email address, and work phone
How does Five Star Telecom use Personal Data?
We strongly believe in both minimizing the Personal Data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that: (1) for which we have been given permission by you; (2) as necessary to deliver our products and services you are entitled to; or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. Therefore, Five Star Telecom uses Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Business purposes, including:
- To initiate, assess, develop, and/or maintain the Website or products and services provided by Five Star Telecom;
- To send transactional communications (such as requests for information, responses to requests for information, orders, conﬁrmations, and service updates);
- For account management, accounting, ﬁnance, and dispute resolution purposes (such as accounts receivable and accounts payable) and for reporting;
- To assure quality control and to enforce company standards and policies;
- For risk management and mitigation, including for audit and insurance functions, and as needed to license and protect intellectual property and other assets;
- For security management, including monitoring Individuals with access to Five Star Telecom’s websites, applications, systems, or facilities, investigation of threats, and as needed for any Data Security Breach notiﬁcation; and
- To investigate and prevent unauthorized access and fraudulent or illegal activities related to the Website or the products and services provided by Five Star Telecom.
- Five Star Telecom may use Personal Data to develop and improve our products and/or services, and for research, analytics, and business intelligence.
- Five Star Telecom may use Personal Data for relationship management and marketing. This purpose includes sending marketing and promotional communications to individuals who have not opted out of receiving such messages as may be appropriate given the nature of the relationship, such as product and service marketing, customer communications, customer satisfaction surveys, supplier communications, and Five Star Telecom news.
- Five Star Telecom may use your Personal Data to communicate with you. We may contact you regarding products or services you have expressed an interest in. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you will find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests.
- Five Star Telecom uses Personal Data for secondary purposes such as:
- Disaster recovery and business continuity, including transferring the information to a storage facility;
- Internal audits or investigations;
- Implementation or verification of business controls;
- Statistical or historical research;
- Dispute resolution;
- Compliance with laws and company policies; and
- Insurance purposes
Why and how does Five Star Telecom disclose Personal Data?
Five Star Telecom does not provide Personal Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We limit the sharing of Personal Data to the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of a legal process.
- Sharing with Trusted Third Parties. We share your Personal Information only with non-Five Star Telecom companies that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services. We require those non-Five Star Telecom companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy, and we do not provide Personal Information to non-Five Star Telecom companies for the marketing of their own products and services without your consent. We may provide Personal Information to non-Five Star Telecom companies or other third parties for purposes such as emergencies, pursuant to court orders, compliance with the law or a lawful government, judicial, administrative, or law enforcement request (i.e. search warrant, subpoena, court order, discovery request), identity verification to prevent fraud and identity theft, enforcing of property rights, or obtaining payment for products and services that appear on your Five Star Telecom billing statements.
- Selling of Information. We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose, and we maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes. We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by Five Star Telecom.
- Special Cases. It is Five Star Telecom's policy not to use or share Personal Data in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, the Company may disclose Personal Data, or information regarding your use of our products or services or websites accessible through our products or services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions or other user policies; to operate our products and services properly; or to protect the company, our customers, and business contacts.
- Legal Requirements. Five Star Telecom, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect and defend the rights or property of Five Star Telecom, , to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service, to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, and to protect against legal liability.
- Subject to applicable legal restrictions, such as those that exist for CPNI (as defined above), Five Star Telecom may may share your Personal Information with its subsidiaries and affiliates to make sure your experience is as seamless as possible, and you have the full benefit of what Five Star Telecom, and its subsidiaries have to offer.
Cookies and Analysis
To opt out of the benefits of our targeted ads, click here: Disable Five Star Telecom Cookie (http://www.aboutcookies.org)
We have relationships with other third party advertising companies to place advertisements on this website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this website and other websites. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer when you visit our website or other websites so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising companies do not collect Personal Information in this process, and we do not give any Personal Information to them. However, this Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these entities. For more information about third party advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). Opt out of being targeted by many third party advertising companies by visiting NAI's Consumer Opt-Out (http://www.networkadvertising.org) or http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Analysis. We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Third-Party Advertising. We have relationships with other third-party advertising companies to place advertisements on this website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this website and other websites. These third-party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer when you visit our website or other websites so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third-party advertising companies do not collect Personal Information in this process, and we do not give any Personal Information to them. However, this Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these entities. For more information about third party advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). Opt out of being targeted by many third-party advertising companies by visiting NAl's Consumer Opt-Out or TRUSTe's Opt-Out.
"Do Not Track" Signals
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
International Data Transfers
How we secure, store and retain your data
We have established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to secure the information we collect, to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of that information and to ensure it is used appropriately. Although we strive to keep your Personal Information secure, no security measures are absolute, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (for example, as the result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate the law or this Policy). We will make reasonable attempts to notify you if we determine that Five Star Telecom has experienced a security breach and there is a reasonably likely risk of identity theft, or where otherwise required by law.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your Personal Data, you can contact us at info@5StarTel.com.
Applying for a job on our site
If you apply for a job through the Five Star Telecom website, we, or a human resources company assisting us, may ask you to provide self-identifying information (such as gender, marital status, and ethnicity) in conjunction with laws and regulations enforced by local government and regulatory agencies. Providing self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide us with that information, we may submit it to the local government and regulatory agencies for business-related purposes, including responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements, and defending against employment related complaints.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (a "Child”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Information that you provide to non-Five Star Telecom companies is not covered by this Policy. For example: When you download applications or make an online purchase from a non-Five Star Telecom company while using Five Star Telecom's services, the information collected by the non-Five Star Telecom company is not subject to this Policy. If you use public forums - such as social networking services, Internet bulletin boards, chat rooms, or blogs on Five Star Telecom or non-Five Star Telecom websites - you should be aware that any Personal Information you disclose publicly can be read, collected, or used by others. Once you choose to reveal Personal Information on such a site, the information is publicly available, and Five Star Telecom cannot prevent distribution and use of that information by other parties.
Five Star Telecom may enter into written product or service agreements with business customers that contain specific provisions related to the confidentiality, security or other handling of information. When provisions of a written product or service agreement differ from or conflict with the provisions of this Policy, the terms of the written agreement will apply. In all other instances, the terms of this Policy apply.
Important Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada may opt out of the sale of their Personal Information. Five Star Telecom does not, however, sell Personal Information of any person, including those under the age of 16.
How to Contact Us
Five Star Telecom, Inc
5136 Morman Coulee Road
LaCrosse, WI 54601
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within 30 days.